A guide to condensation and mould27/10/2010
- A guide to condensation and mould
Suffering from Condensation and Mould at Home?
We've put together a condensation and mould guide to help you reduce these problems in your home and improve the indoor air quality.
Here are a few free tips on how to reduce condensation:
- Put lids on saucepans when cooking.
- Add cold water to the bath first to avoid steam building up.
- Share a bath or shower with your partner or anyone if they fancy it. It’s fun and also saves energy and money.
- Use any existing extract fan or open the windows.
- Don’t use calor gas heaters.
- Don’t buy or use unvented tumble driers. Even the one’s with condenser trays produce lots of moisture.
- Make sure water tanks in the home have lids or are covered to help prevent water evaporating into the air.
- Eat oven chips instead of deep fat fried.
- Try and limit the amount of clothes dried on radiators and airers.
- Make allowances for your pets. Large dogs and tropical fish tanks can produce moisture too.