Believe it or not, mould growth can have a detrimental effect on the health of those living in the affected property, which is why mould problems should be dealt with quickly, effectively and correctly. As tempting as it may be to paint over mould on your walls it isn’t going to solve the problem.
The most common cause of mould is condensation, which older properties are more prone to. Mould spores are known allergens and have been attributed to being a trigger for asthma and allergies, as humans inhale these microscopic spores without even knowing! What’s more, fungal colonies can produce gases called ‘volites,’ which have been associated with headaches, nausea and fatigue.
In actual fact, painting over existing mould won’t kill it; painting over the mould problem is simply a waste of time and money, as mould will continue to grow, resulting in the continuous dispersion of mould spores. Even the thickest coats of paint won’t mask your mould trouble. There is also a myth that bleach and other detergents will help to eliminate mould growth. Simply killing the mould with a biocide is not enough, as dead mould can still be an allergen. Unless you invest in a proper and professional mould removal procedure, the mould will only just continue to grow!
EnviroVent can take full ownership of your mould problems and we guarantee to solve them. After all, we’ve been curing condensation and mould since 1987! If you home isn’t affected by mould problems but you’re suffering from condensation problems as a result of poor indoor air quality then it maybe worth considering a home ventilation solution before the problem worsens and begins to affect your health and the health of other occupants.
Positive Input Ventilation is a concept designed to filter fresh air throughout the property and is the second most popular method of ventilating homes.