The heatSava, a single room heat recovery unit is an innovative alternative to traditional extract fan and exceptionally flexible when it comes to installation. What’s more, it’s ideal for those jobs where limited space could potentially be a problem. The unit is available in two sizes, 100mm for bathrooms (a SELV version is optional) and WCs and 150mm for kitchens and utility rooms. Quick and easy to fit, the heatSava can utilise an existing extractor fan wall sleeve or can be installed directly into a new wall.
Suitable for both retrofit and new build installations, the heatSava is a Single Room Heat Recovery Unit which recovers up to 75% of heat that would normally be lost through extraction. The unit provides all year round good indoor air quality, helping to eliminate condensation and mould, whilst saving energy and money.
1) Open the windows to allow air to circulate and remove excess moisture from the room.
2) Use pan lids when cooking to catch steam and reduce the amount going into the air.
3) Wipe down your kitchen cabinets frequently to keep on top of condensation.
4) Use a grease/ splatter guard for pots and pans when cooking to capture grease splatters.
5) Do not overfill your kitchen cupboards. A lack of ventilation and air moisture trapped in warm overfilled cupboards can become a breeding ground for mould as the air is not able to circulate freely inside.
6) Condensation is the result of excess moisture and is something that can sneak up on us, by investing in a moisture meter you can keep track of these levels before it's too late.
7) Check any damage to windows. Over time the sealant around your windows may become damaged and start to allow rain to seep into your home. The water entering the property will cause an excess in the moisture levels resulting in condensation.
8) Stop using portable gas & paraffin heaters. Portable gas bottles and paraffin heaters produce a lot of moisture, along with a lot of toxic fumes.
9) Cover up fish tanks & aquariums. Many families have house pets which produce a lot of moisture. Make sure you cover up your aquarium or fish tanks to prevent excess moisture.
10) Move house plants around. After a while house plants can contribute to excess moisture in a property, regularly moving them around this helps stop the build-up of moisture.
11) Ensure washing machine is correctly vented. If you have a washing machine or tumble dryer in your property, ensure that it is vented correctly. From just one load of washing two litres of water is emitted into the air.
On the practical side, the unit fits into almost any wall thickness, the heat cell comes in four different lengths to suit wall depths of 310mm, 430mm, 500mm and 600mm. It can be installed into four different positions through 360 degrees, horizontally or vertically – as mentioned earlier - it’s perfect for jobs where space is limited!
The heatSava has an intelligent humidity tracker which constantly monitors humidity levels accordingly – no user intervention is required.
Want to learn more about this innovative alternative to extract ventilation?
Watch the following video on Single Room Heat Recovery Ventilation.
One of our local experts will contact you to learn more about your problems, offer free expert advice and make recommendations for a permanent solution.
During the free survey we will:
© EnviroVent Ltd 2021. All right reserved. Part of S&P Group.