Should you fit a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is an electric appliance designed to remove excess moisture from the air and keep a room at optimum humidity. They can help keep condensation at bay which in turn prevents damp and improves the air quality in your home but there are limitations to purchasing a dehumidifier.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
- Relatively cheap, or at least cheap options - Just remember you get what you pay for!
- Reduce humidity levels, combatting mould and damp and improving air quality.
- Reduce skin irritants and allerens to dust.
- With less humidity your clothes and bedding dry quicker.
Cons of Dehumidifiers
- Dehumidifiers blow out warm air from the back of the unit, whilst this maybe a perk in the winter during the summer it could result in excess overbearing heat. The machine would also be needed throughout seasons; winter to combat damp but summer to cut down on pollen.
- Usually cause an increase in energy costs.
- Dehumidifiers collect water meaning they need to be regularly emptied.
- They also need to be regularly cleaned otherwise black mould can start to grow on the machine , which can induce a wide range of health problems including allergic reactions, lung problems and irritation.
Improve the air quality of your home with a ventilation solution
Most people don't associate health problems with the air in their homes, yet there are as many as 900 toxins polluting our indoor air.
We offer a comprehensive home health check where we will visit your property with specialist air testing equipment, analyse the samples in our specialist laboratory and provide you with a detailed report which will explain the potential hazards found in the air. Book a home health check today and improve the air quality in your home.
EnviroVent also offer a range of ventilation solutions to suit any property.
A whole house ventilation system may sound a little taunting but the long term and even short term benefits far outweigh the one-off installation.
- It doesn't need to be emptied or cleaned.
- Won't take up any room.
- Can reduce energy costs.
- Comes with a warranty.
- Low noise level and cleverly positioned so causes little to no disruption to everyday life.
- Reduces randon gas, eliminates condensation and prevents mould.
- Has an ISO Course 65% (G5) filter to stop pollen/dust coming into the property, so maintains the benefits of good air quality in your home throughout the year, season to season.
So not only does a whole house ventilation solution do everything a dehumidifier does, it also doesn't come with any of the cons that a dehumidifier has.
© EnviroVent Ltd 2019. All right reserved. Part of S&P Group.