The NICEIC domestic ventilation training and assessment course has been developed by leading industry experts and focuses on providing a technical competency for electricians, contractors, heating engineers and ventilation installers.
What is covered on the domestic ventilation course?
The course has been designed to improve your knowledge of domestic ventilation systems and have a good understanding of how they work. This is the minimum technical competency requirement for installers looking to apply to join a Competent Person Scheme in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The domestic ventilation training and assessment course has been designed to provide you with the required skills in the principles of ventilation, design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of domestic ventilation systems in accordance with the National Occupational Standards and Minimum Technical Competency documents.
Do I need to have knowledge of ventilation systems already?
It is advised that candidates are competent and have some knowledge of domestic ventilation systems prior to attending. We also suggest experience within the heating, plumbing or electrical sector to complete the assessment at the end of the course.
What does the course involve?
The training course is split over two days, the first day will cover the fundamental principles of ventilation systems and a detailed overview of the different ventilation systems available and then the second day will involve a practical and assessment of a domestic ventilation system. Full details of what is included are shown below:
- Fundamental working principles of ventilation systems
- Minimum legal requirements
- The types of ventilation systems
- Passive Stack Ventilation
- Intermittent Extractor Fans
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems with Heat Recovery
- Why ventilation is important
- The varying techniques used for installation of the different systems
- The pitfalls associated with poor workmanship and misuse of ventilation systems
- Basic system design
- Preparation prior to installation
- Competent Person Scheme
- Commissioning of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
- Inspection and testing
- Certification and documentation of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
How can I book onto a NICEIC training course?
EnviroVent have an NICEIC Approved Training Centre which has been designed and fitted with ventilation units to carry out domestic ventilation training and assessment courses. All our domestic ventilation training courses are carried out over two days and take place in our purpose built training centre in Harrogate. You can reserve your place on one of the courses today by emailing email@example.com
How much does the course cost?
The price of the course is £99 and includes NICEIC certification when you have successfully passed the training and assessment course. The course also includes training manuals, lunch and free parking on site.
© EnviroVent Ltd 2019. All right reserved. Part of S&P Group.