The PIV units had been chosen for specific applications where poor ventilation was an issue and a whole house ventilation method was required. By 2007 they had installed 475 across their housing stock.
In 2010 and 2011, Fife Council instructed EnviroVent to carry out refurbishment and servicing on the units. As part of the Lifetime Range®, the EnviroVent PIV units have been uniquely and innovatively designed so that any time after the 5 years, the maintenance and replacement occurs by simply exchanging the worn out components, which are then taken back to the factory to be either reworked or recycled.
On-going renewable 5 year warranties
The simple and quick refurbishment service was carried out by EnviroVent’s team of nationwide, approved ventilation engineers. This meant that Fife could rest assured that the products would run smoothly for another 5 years and beyond.
More importantly, they had piece of mind that the units were issued with another renewable 5 year warranty following the service, meaning that EnviroVent would take ownership for any unlikely problems that were to arise within that 5 year period.
Saving millions by reducing life-cycle costs
By installing EnviroVent’s PIV Units into 475 of its properties Fife Council can look forward to saving a staggering £498,750 in replacement costs over a 25 year period. This would save 2375 replacement units, equivalent to nearly 5 fully loaded 20-foot containers going to landfill sites.
The weight of plastic that would be saved in the injection moulding process would be 13,537Kg and the energy cost in producing it would be £2030 amounting to 5.8 tonnes of CO2.
Keith Brown, Fife Council’s Housing Maintenance and Improvement Team Leader explains,
“Fife Council has long been an advocate of positive ventilation systems and has developed an excellent partnership with EnviroVent in combatting mould and condensation problems experienced by our tenants. PIV has a proven track record in addressing these problems and is of particular benefit where the primary cause is a lifestyle issue rather than a building defect.”